Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Call it Nationalism

I've just got back from a short trip to our neighbor country, Singapore. Known as a very discipline country, well maintain, and not like the other country in South East Asia, Singapore can be categorized as a wealthy and prosper country. That's a little thing I know about the country.

So I stay there for 3 nights and 4 days with two of my best friend, Sari and Diandra. We planned about visit museums,local temples,and other cultural trip but the truth is we spent a lot of our times at shopping at Orchard Road. Orchard Road is a very well-known street mostly for the tourist, because it has shopping mall,branded shops,everywhere! There's also a hundred,maybe even million (sure i'm no counting on it) people are rushing and making this street always looks busy and crowded as well.

The public transportation also really well organized. Even the bus fare is count from how kilometer have you drive along with the bus.
But somehow I miss Indonesia where I can take a public transportation everywhere, just raise your hand, and the bus will come to you.

Also at the MRT, i saw that almost every people busy with their IPhone, IPad,and using headset or headphones. They're busy with their own world. Most of this kind of people are teenager. And stay a while in Singapore, using public transportation almost all the time, I can say that teenagers in Singapore are very 'dress up'. Anytime, anywhere. Well somehow, it looks a bit too much and annoyed me. How a girl who looks like going to work wearing sexy dresses and stand out heels. She's look more likely go to a bar to attract man than to go to the office. For once again, I miss Indonesia.
They might not look so stylish, fashionable (because not everybody afford it) but they know appropriate look.

Though i compare Indonesia and Singapore a lot, mostly about the discipline, the habit and the cleanliness, I still put my country as the one I really really loved. Maybe Indonesia never will be as clean, as organized, and as wealthy as Singapore, but I love Indonesia however it is.

*ignore the bad grammar and misspelling.i'm a human. :p

No comments: